use analyze with visual studio

Tiago Macarios
I am trying to pass the analyze flags to cl.exe, but I cannot figure out how to get it working, example:

cmake_minimum_required (VERSION 2.8.11)
set (CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON)
project (cppcore)
add_executable (const const.cpp)
target_compile_options (const analyze -analyze:plugin EspXEngine.dll)

how to have cmake to respect that last line? I tried adding quotes, but that seems not to work

Re: use analyze with visual studio

Petr Kmoch
Hi,

I've never used the CL feature, but as far as CMake syntax is concerned, I believe you're looking for this:

target_compile_options(const PRIVATE /analyze /analyze:plugin EspXEngine.dll)

Petr