set_directory_properties ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES globbing pattern?

set_directory_properties ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES globbing pattern?

Steve Lorimer
As part of our build process we tag certain binary files with version information such as git branch, number of commits, build variant etc.

Eg, for a binary called "app" we could install a file in the local source directory with the name "app.branch_foo.91.debug"

The shell globbing pattern that matches is "app.*[0-9]*"

I need a globbing pattern because the tag can change without the makefiles changing, so the tag can't be hardcoded into the makefile.

If I specify a globbing pattern for ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES it specifies this as an actual file

    set_directory_properties(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES app.*[0-9]*)

This results in

    file(REMOVE_RECURSE
        "../../../app/app.*[0-9]*"

I've tried adding a nested file(GLOB ...) into the set_directory_properties but that doesn't work either.

Is it possible to specify a globbing pattern in set_directory_properties(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES ...)?

Is it possible to specify a globbing pattern in file(REMOVE_RECURSE ...)?

TIA
Steve

Re: set_directory_properties ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES globbing pattern?

Stephen Kelly-2
Steve Lorimer wrote:

> Is this just not possible?

Indeed - this is not possible.