rebuild_cache does not fully rebuild the cache information

rebuild_cache does not fully rebuild the cache information

Nils Rathmann
Hi,
when I change the installation of external dependencies, which are
located by find_packages, it seems, that it is not enough to run
rebuild_cache. The information about external software is not thrown
away and rebuild. I have to delete the CMakeCache.txt and rebuild again.
It this intended? And why is it intended?

I work with cmake 3.9.1.

Thank you,
Nils

Re: rebuild_cache does not fully rebuild the cache information

Bill Hoffman
On 5/9/2018 4:42 AM, Nils Rathmann wrote:
> Hi,
> when I change the installation of external dependencies, which are
> located by find_packages, it seems, that it is not enough to run
> rebuild_cache. The information about external software is not thrown
> away and rebuild. I have to delete the CMakeCache.txt and rebuild again.
> It this intended? And why is it intended?
>
> I work with cmake 3.9.1.
rebuild_cache basically just re-runs cmake on the project. It does not
re-check find_package information.

-Bill