project() with ASM fails with MSVC 19

Robert Dailey-2
Using CMake 3.9, I do this:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.9)
project(libpng VERSION 1.6.33 LANGUAGES ASM C)

I get the following error:

-- The ASM compiler identification is unknown
-- Didn't find assembler
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.11.25507.1
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (project):
No CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER could be found.

Why doesn't this work?

Re: project() with ASM fails with MSVC 19

Robert Dailey-2
Also, I am using the "Visual Studio 15 2017" generator with no other
options (generating through cmake-gui on Windows)

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Robert Dailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using CMake 3.9, I do this:
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.9)
> project(libpng VERSION 1.6.33 LANGUAGES ASM C)
>
> I get the following error:
>
> -- The ASM compiler identification is unknown
> -- Didn't find assembler
> -- The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.11.25507.1
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (project):
> No CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER could be found.
>

> Why doesn't this work?

Re: project() with ASM fails with MSVC 19

Robert Maynard
Have you tried setting the project call of project(libpng VERSION
1.6.33 LANGUAGES ASM_MASM C)