optional parameters in add_custom_target?

Hex

optional parameters in add_custom_target?

Hex

The function is defined as

add_custom_target(Name [ALL] [command1 [args1...]]
   [COMMAND command2 [args2...] ...]
   [DEPENDS depend depend depend ... ]
   [BYPRODUCTS [files...]]
   [WORKING_DIRECTORY dir]
   [COMMENT comment]
   [VERBATIM] [USES_TERMINAL]
   [COMMAND_EXPAND_LISTS]
   [SOURCES src1 [src2...]]
)

While its arguments are all documented, I am confused about its optional parameters:

add_custom_target(Name [ALL] [command1 [args1...]]

- ALL: target depends on ALL

- command1 [args1...]]: ???

What means command1 [args1...]]? Or, should this read

add_custom_target(Name [ALL] [COMMAND command1 [args1...]]
   [COMMAND command2 [args2...] ...]

Re: optional parameters in add_custom_target?

On 20.05.19 16:01, hex wrote:
> What means command1 [args1...]]? Or, should this read
>
> *add_custom_target(Name [ALL] [COMMAND command1 [args1...]]**
> **   [COMMAND command2 [args2...] ...]*

I believe this is due to backward compatibility (pre 2.6) reasons so
that you could still write:

add_custom_target(sometarget /bin/true)

Thanks,
Gregor