make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'. Stop.

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'. Stop.

Yu, Mingli
Hi Expert,

I encounter build issue when compile mariadb from
https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/10.3.13/

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by
'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'.  Stop.

And the content of libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt as attached, any ideas?

Thanks,
Mingli

CMakeLists.txt (18K) Download Attachment

Re: make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'. Stop.

CMake mailing list
On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 17:49 +0800, Yu, Mingli wrote:

> Hi Expert,
>
> I encounter build issue when compile mariadb from
> https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/10.3.13/
>

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by
> 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'.  Stop.
>
> And the content of libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt as attached, any ideas?

I don't see anything in this file for actually *generating*
sql_yacc.cc. This should be generated by using add_custom_command() to
call yacc. Is that happening in another file?

Kyle

On 2019年03月01日 22:58, Kyle Edwards wrote:

> On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 17:49 +0800, Yu, Mingli wrote:
>> Hi Expert,
>>
>> I encounter build issue when compile mariadb from
>> https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/10.3.13/
>>

>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by
>> 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'.  Stop.
>>
>> And the content of libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt as attached, any ideas?
>
> I don't see anything in this file for actually *generating*
> sql_yacc.cc. This should be generated by using add_custom_command() to
> call yacc. Is that happening in another file?
Hi Kyle,

Thanks very much for your respond!

The CMakeLists.txt as attached as CMakeLists1.txt is under
/source/libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt and there are some logics about
sql_yacc.cc is in CMakeLists2.txt which actually under
/source/sql/CMakeLists.txt.

Is there any means to make the logic run in /source/sql/CMakeLists.txt
before which is in /source/libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt?

Thanks,

CMakeLists1.txt (18K) Download Attachment
CMakeLists2.txt (25K) Download Attachment

Re: make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'sql/sql_yacc.cc', needed by 'libmysqld/CMakeFiles/sql_embedded.dir/__/sql/sql_yacc.cc.o'. Stop.

Bruce Stephens
On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 04:00, Yu, Mingli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any means to make the logic run in /source/sql/CMakeLists.txt
> before which is in /source/libmysqld/CMakeLists.txt?

Use a dependency between targets. There's a limitation/bug with things
that depend on files created by add_custom_command() in different
directories (different CMakeLists,txt files). So create a target for
the generated file (in the directory where it's created), and use
add_dependencies() for the thing that uses the file.