Quantcast

libsndfile in windows

aishwarya selvaraj
Hello ,
To compile my code which uses libsndfile library on windows , i used the cross compiling on linux for windows following the instructions in this :
https://github.com/erikd/libsndfile

I have cmake_build.sh file .
I'm very new to all this , So Could anyone please guide me on what to do next .
​I'd be really grateful .​

Aishwarya Selvaraj

Re: libsndfile in windows

Johannes Zarl-Zierl
Hi,

On Dienstag, 21. März 2017 10:57:42 CET aishwarya selvaraj wrote:
> I'm very new to all this , So Could anyone please guide me on what to do
> next .

Did you try asking on the libsndfile mailing list? They are more likely to know
about the issue you're dealing with.

Try here:
http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/lists.html

Cheers,
  Johannes

Re: libsndfile in windows

aishwarya selvaraj
I did .but there was no response .
I had written cmakelists.txt to compile and build .
I was able to successfully built it in linux , but in windows I was not able to do it .
Do you have nay leads on that ?

On Dienstag, 21. März 2017 15:24:13 CET you wrote:
> > Did you try asking on the libsndfile mailing list?
> I did .but there was no response .

Ok then.

> I had written cmakelists.txt to compile and build .
> I was able to successfully built it in linux , but in windows I was not
> able to do it .
> Do you have nay leads on that ?

Reading the description that you linked to, I see that they have only done a
partial port to cmake and still require autotools. If you want to compile on
other platforms you'll need to get rid of those non-portable parts.

I would probably look at any pull requests and issues for that repository and
look for cmake-related reports. Maybe someone else is already fixing the
issues?

Otherwise, you can try porting the non-portable parts yourself and ask on this
list if you have problems in your cmake code.

Cheers,
  Johannes

Re: libsndfile in windows

aishwarya selvaraj
@Johannes Zarl-Zierl
PFA .
I found this link and tried how its mentioned in it .
I was not able to successfully build it using this .
Probably you could go though this and we could discuss.