Quantcast

iOS IPA Creation Xcode 8.3.x

Wesio
We extensively use CMake in one of our projects and have been successfully using add_executable with MACOSX_BUNDLE to produce iOS .app artefacts and then using a custom target to run (via xcrun) PackageApplication to transform the .app to a .ipa.

Unfortunately with Xcode 8.3.x PackageApplication has now been removed in favour of xcodebuild and -exportArchive, however issuing the new commands causes a rebuild in a different folder which given the size of our project is very slow.

Is there a correct way to produce the xcarchive using cmake (and subsequently the .ipa) or do I need to persevere trying to get this to work using custom targets?

Thanks :)