how to detect architecture ?

Franck Houssen
Is there a way to detect architecture ?

Seems there is nothing simple since these old threads :

Is there a solution now ?

My need is quite simple: I have an executable who needs dlopen. To test it, I planned to write a bash script that would have done "./exe /path/to/lib.so" on linux (debian, ...) OR "./exe /path/to/lib.dylib" on osx. To replace correctly so/dylib in the bash script I need to know the architecture. Any idea how to do this ?

Franck

Re: how to detect architecture ?

Konstantin Tokarev

09.01.2018, 17:58, "Franck Houssen" <[hidden email]>:
> Is there a way to detect architecture ?
>
> Seems there is nothing simple since these old threads :
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11944060/how-to-detect-target-architecture-using-cmake/12024211#12024211
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16796629/cmake-create-architecture-aware-makefile
>
> Is there a solution now ?
>
> My need is quite simple: I have an executable who needs dlopen. To test it, I planned to write a bash script that would have done "./exe /path/to/lib.so" on linux (debian, ...) OR "./exe /path/to/lib.dylib" on osx. To replace correctly so/dylib in the bash script I need to know the architecture. Any idea how to do this ?

${CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SUFFIX}

> Franck
> ,--

Konstantin

Re: how to detect architecture ?

J Decker

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Franck Houssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to detect architecture ?

Seems there is nothing simple since these old threads :

Is there a solution now ?

My need is quite simple: I have an executable who needs dlopen. To test it, I planned to write a bash script that would have done "./exe /path/to/lib.so" on linux (debian, ...) OR "./exe /path/to/lib.dylib" on osx. To replace correctly so/dylib in the bash script I need to know the architecture. Any idea how to do this ?

if( APPLE )
   install( PROGRAMS apple.script.sh DESTINATION script.sh )
elseif( UNIX )
   install( PROGRAMS linux.script.sh DESTINATION script.sh )
endif( )
# not sure what the correct tag in endif should be.

so you can just keep 2 scripts and install approrpiately

Franck