hang in FindDoxygen.cmake on ppc64le

Serban Maerean
Hi,

I get a hang in the "file" command in FindDoxygen.cmake, on ppc64le:

103 set(_x86 "(x86)")
104 file(GLOB _Doxygen_GRAPHVIZ_BIN_DIRS
105   "$ENV{ProgramFiles}/Graphviz*/bin"
106   "$ENV{ProgramFiles${_x86}}/Graphviz*/bin"
107   )
108 unset(_x86)

Linux does not understand '(' in name of files and directories; e.g.

--> find /ProgramFiles(x86)/Graphviz*/bin
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

and it appears the "file" command goes into a wild spin (never returns.)

Can this be done only for Windows?  I notice some paths are added regardless of platform, even if they are specific to a single platform, which seems to be unecessary.

Thanks,

Serban Maerean
HPC Tools
T/L: 293-9770, Tel.: 845-433-9770
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: hang in FindDoxygen.cmake on ppc64le

Craig Scott-3
Hi Serban. Can you open a bug report for this and also record which version of CMake you are using? You can submit a bug here:

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Serban Maerean <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I get a hang in the "file" command in FindDoxygen.cmake, on ppc64le:

103 set(_x86 "(x86)")
104 file(GLOB _Doxygen_GRAPHVIZ_BIN_DIRS
105   "$ENV{ProgramFiles}/Graphviz*/bin"
106   "$ENV{ProgramFiles${_x86}}/Graphviz*/bin"
107   )
108 unset(_x86)

Linux does not understand '(' in name of files and directories; e.g.

--> find /ProgramFiles(x86)/Graphviz*/bin
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

and it appears the "file" command goes into a wild spin (never returns.)

Can this be done only for Windows?  I notice some paths are added regardless of platform, even if they are specific to a single platform, which seems to be unecessary.

Thanks,

Serban Maerean
HPC Tools
T/L: 293-9770, Tel.: <a href="tel:(845)%20433-9770" value="+18454339770" target="_blank">845-433-9770
E-mail: [hidden email]

Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

Re: hang in FindDoxygen.cmake on ppc64le

Alex Turbov
> Linux does not understand '(' in name of files and directories; e.g.

actually it does. (and Bash != Linux). Anyway, just like a space symbol, you can quote argument w/ braces:

$ mkdir -p '/tmp/Just Test (it)'

and everything will be fine. As for the code mentioned, all paths are quoted here, so CMake should see the correct paths here.
To get more details please try to run cmake w/ `--trace-expand` and maybe w/ `--trace-source=FindDoxygen.cmake` options.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Serban Maerean <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I cannot see the hang anymore, most probably a network issue.  Pls ignore.

Serban Maerean
HPC Tools
T/L: 293-9770, Tel.: 845-433-9770
E-mail: [hidden email]