find_program(), how to handle executable suffix in a cross compilation environment?

find_program(), how to handle executable suffix in a cross compilation environment?

Thomas Törnblom
What is the proper way to handle the case where find_program() needs match "program-name" or "program-name.exe" depending on wether the host system is running a unix like OS or Windows?

A project I'm looking at uses CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX for the target, so I assume that can't be used.

A simple solution is to list both variants, but it adds clutter if the path contains variables and I'd like to know how others solve this.

/Thomas

--

Thomas Törnblom, Product Engineer
IAR Systems AB