execute_process() and reconfiguration

Dustyn Blasig
Hi All,

I'm using execute_process to generate sources and additional CMakeLists.txt file that then get included in the build. Is there a way for me to tell CMake what source files my command relies on so it knows when it needs to do a reconfiguration? For instance, if I touch the python script that generates the source files, I'd like running make to properly reconfigure if the change causes new source files to get created.

Thanks!

Re: execute_process() and reconfiguration

CMake mailing list
> Is there a way for me to tell CMake what source files my command relies on so it knows when it needs to do a reconfiguration?

CMAKE_CONFIGURE_DEPENDS can do that.

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/prop_dir/CMAKE_CONFIGURE_DEPENDS.html