default CONFIGURATIONS in cygwin

Lloyd
Hi,

I am studying to compile an application using CMake in Cygwin. I am installing a file using the install command based on the value of CONFIGURATIONS variable.

May I know the default configuration (debug, release) in cygwin

I get Debug folders in the build directory when I build the same project with visual studio, but in the cygwin build directory, no Debug or Release folders are created!

Hoe can solve this?

Is there any option in make to specify the build?

I checked make help , did not see any option for this

Thanks,
  Lloyd

Re: default CONFIGURATIONS in cygwin

Andreas Pakulat-2
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am studying to compile an application using CMake in Cygwin. I am installing a file using the install command based on the value of CONFIGURATIONS variable.

May I know the default configuration (debug, release) in cygwin

I get Debug folders in the build directory when I build the same project with visual studio, but in the cygwin build directory, no Debug or Release folders are created!

Hoe can solve this?

Is there any option in make to specify the build?

You specify the build type using CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE when invoking cmake for generators that only support 1 type of build, like makefiles. There is no Debug or Release folder because these generators do not allow to switch between the build types within a single build directory, you'll have to use separate build directories for the different types of builds.

Andreas

Re: default CONFIGURATIONS in cygwin

Stephen Kelly-2
Lloyd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am studying to compile an application using CMake in Cygwin. I am
> installing a file using the install command based on the value of
> CONFIGURATIONS variable.
>
> May I know the default configuration (debug, release) in cygwin
>
> I get Debug folders in the build directory when I build the same project
> with visual studio, but in the cygwin build directory, no Debug or Release
> folders are created!

I haven't tried, and I don't know anything about cygwin, but I'm reminded of

Is it similar?

Thanks,

Steve.

Re: default CONFIGURATIONS in cygwin

Lloyd
I have faced an issue with Debug and Release builds. Reading the Andreas' reply made me to rethink and modify my cmake files. Reading the VTK cmakefile, I have seen an entry like this in it

# Set a default build type if none was specified
if(NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE AND NOT CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES)
    message(STATUS "Setting build type to 'Debug' as none was specified.")
    set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug CACHE STRING "Choose the type of build." FORCE)
    #Set the possible values of build type for cmake-gui
    set_property(CACHE CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE PROPERTY STRINGS "Debug" "Release" "MinSizeRel" "RelWithDebInfo")
endif()