.def files since CMake 3.10 in Linux

Patrick Boettcher
Hi,

I (and someone else) stumbled upon a problem when using the Azure IOTHUB
SDK for C on a Linux platform using cmake 3.10+:

https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/issues/505

The problem seems to be triggered by having two .def-files as
add_library()-source-files.

During the build cmake generates a command which does:

  cmake -E __create_def

This fails as unknown to cmake.

Is this a cmake-bug or is Azure using .def-files the wrong way?

A quick additional test show that the problem is coming from having
2 .def-files as sources. Having just one is OK.

--
Patrick.

Re: .def files since CMake 3.10 in Linux

Patrick Boettcher
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 12:08:16 +0200
Patrick Boettcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I (and someone else) stumbled upon a problem when using the Azure
> IOTHUB SDK for C on a Linux platform using cmake 3.10+:
>
> https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/issues/505
>
> The problem seems to be triggered by having two .def-files as
> add_library()-source-files.
>
> During the build cmake generates a command which does:
>
>   cmake -E __create_def
>
> This fails as unknown to cmake.
>
> Is this a cmake-bug or is Azure using .def-files the wrong way?
>
> A quick additional test show that the problem is coming from having
> 2 .def-files as sources. Having just one is OK.

The issue is no more present with CMake 3.12.0-rc1. It seems to be
fixed with

  https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/commit/1ac042aa67c0e0ab531cd38977cb2f65fd96ed4b

. This bug-fix is not included in 3.11.3 .

--
Patrick.