ctest and label time summary

Anthony Zukaitis
Is there a way to turn off the label timing information after ctest is run with

ctest -L mytest

I have appoximately 100 tests that depend on a SETUP test.  The setup test has 100s of labels and this screws up the print out of the label timing summary at the end of the ctest run. This is due to the want of having dependencies of tests being run automatically.  All of my tests depend on a SETUP test.  Using the label method:

my SETUP test now has 100s of labels

Thanks, Tony

Re: ctest and label time summary

Craig Scott-3

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Anthony Zukaitis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the label timing information after ctest is run with

ctest -L mytest

I have appoximately 100 tests that depend on a SETUP test.  The setup test has 100s of labels and this screws up the print out of the label timing summary at the end of the ctest run. This is due to the want of having dependencies of tests being run automatically.  All of my tests depend on a SETUP test.  Using the label method:

my SETUP test now has 100s of labels

Thanks, Tony

I added an answer to that stackoverflow link. The test fixtures feature added in CMake 3.7 provides the behaviour you want. It doesn't rely on using test labels, so you'd be able to avoid the label clutter in your test report.

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia