Quantcast

cpack deb and multiarch support

felix
I build and pack my software (a library) with cmake/cpack and it works great, thanx for this great tool.
But I'm not able to build a multiarch-debian package.

My install directives are multiarch aware (using GNUInstallDirs) and I build the library on different buildmachines, so
no crosscompiling is involved.
After running cpack an such a native build I can install my package on a ubuntu-box, even a i368-deb on a 64-bit system,
but I'm not able to co-install i368- and amd64-deb in parallel on the same machine.
dpkg mentions that the package is not multiarch and after inspecting
the generated control file I discovered that the field "Multi-Arch" is missing and I don't know how to set it.

Did I overlook a CPACK_DEBIAN_??? configuration variable or is this feature simply missing in cpack (cmake 2.8.10)?

Thx
Felix

Fwd: cpack deb and multiarch support

Eric Noulard
> I build and pack my software (a library) with cmake/cpack and it works great,
> thanx for this great tool.
> But I'm not able to build a multiarch-debian package.
>
> My install directives are multiarch aware (using GNUInstallDirs) and I build
> the library on different buildmachines, so
> no crosscompiling is involved.
> After running cpack an such a native build I can install my package on a
> ubuntu-box, even a i368-deb on a 64-bit system,
> but I'm not able to co-install i368- and amd64-deb in parallel on the same
> machine.
> dpkg mentions that the package is not multiarch and after inspecting
> the generated control file I discovered that the field "Multi-Arch" is
> missing and I don't know how to set it.
>
> Did I overlook a CPACK_DEBIAN_??? configuration variable or is this feature
> simply missing in cpack (cmake 2.8.10)?

You did not, CPack Deb does not currently support MultiArch.
I don't even know the work to be done in order to support this.

If you do please file a feature request
http://public.kitware.com/Bug
and attach a patch proposal to it  I'll be please to have a look at it.

AFAIK the main entry for multi-arch on debian Wiki is there:
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch
--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org

Re: Fwd: cpack deb and multiarch support

felix
Hi Eric

thank you for the anser.

> If you do please file a feature request
> http://public.kitware.com/Bug
> and attach a patch proposal to it  I'll be please to have a look at it.
>
> AFAIK the main entry for multi-arch on debian Wiki is there:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

Hope to find time in the next days to try a patch

Regards
Felix