cmake --graphviz not dumping custom target in the graph

cmake --graphviz not dumping custom target in the graph

Eric Noulard
Hi all,

It appears that  cmake --graphviz command line option does not dump custom target
in the generated dot graph but "only" target appearing in add_executable
or add_library (plain or IMPORTED).

Is there any fundamental reason for that ?

I'd like to see ALL target (including custom) in my dependency graph.

--
Eric

Re: cmake --graphviz not dumping custom target in the graph

Craig Scott-3
Does the behavior change if your custom target is part of the ALL target or not?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Eric Noulard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

It appears that  cmake --graphviz command line option does not dump custom target
in the generated dot graph but "only" target appearing in add_executable
or add_library (plain or IMPORTED).

Is there any fundamental reason for that ?

I'd like to see ALL target (including custom) in my dependency graph.

--
Eric

Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

Re: cmake --graphviz not dumping custom target in the graph

Eric Noulard
I did not try that.
It appears that none of my custom target do belong to ALL.
I'll try right away and let you know.

Does the behavior change if your custom target is part of the ALL target or not?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Eric Noulard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

It appears that  cmake --graphviz command line option does not dump custom target
in the generated dot graph but "only" target appearing in add_executable
or add_library (plain or IMPORTED).

Is there any fundamental reason for that ?

I'd like to see ALL target (including custom) in my dependency graph.

--
Eric

Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia

--
Eric

Fwd: cmake --graphviz not dumping custom target in the graph

Eric Noulard

It seems that the only targets that appear in the graph are the one from add_executable/add_library

In fact the culprit seems to be:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/blob/master/Source/cmGraphVizWriter.cxx

cmGraphVizWriter::GenerateForTargetType

which filters out other kind of target.