cmake fails on first run but succeeds when run again after make

cmake fails on first run but succeeds when run again after make

Damir Porobic
Hi folks,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a build problem where, when I first time run "cmake .." it fails to find a resource file, when I run "make" it builds the resource files but fails later on, now when I try to run "cmake .." again it succeeds. After this point everything runs fine and it happens when building for the first time.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here are the CMakeList files https://pastebin.com/pyhVTJUr and the output that I get https://pastebin.com/4wGjR3Lx

Thanks in advance!

Damir

Re: cmake fails on first run but succeeds when run again after make

Robert Maynard
The error sounds like the file needs to be marked as GENERATED (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/prop_sf/GENERATED.html ) but I
would have thought qt5_add_resources would do that for you.

You might look at using CMake built in rc support (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/prop_tgt/AUTORCC.html )On Sun, Aug