cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Gerhard Olsson
Trying to build lastest release, to get a preview for 3.12-rc1 that should be released soon. The specific reason is to fix a problem with linking failing due to response files not generated: http://cmake.3232098.n2.nabble.com/No-RSP-FILE-if-generating-in-a-path-that-contains-quot-quot-tc7597671.html https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1983 https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/18075

The build setup is done without changes on my PC (Win7-x64).

The build works on my PC, but not on the Jenkins server running Windows Server 2012R2:
cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any steps required to get a binary that runs on the server too?

/Gerhard

Re: cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Brad King
On 06/13/2018 04:22 AM, Gerhard Olsson wrote:
> The build works on my PC, but not on the Jenkins server running Windows
> Server 2012R2: cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot
>
> Any steps required to get a binary that runs on the server too?

Likely you built against a MSVC C run time library that is not installed
on the server.  You'd need to install the corresponding MSVC redist package
on that server, or build a CMake that is statically linked to the runtime.

Or, you could try a nightly binary that is already built that way:

  https://cmake.org/files/dev/?C=M;O=D

-Brad