Quantcast

cmake 3.7.2 centos 7 :: kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)

cmake 3.7.2 centos 7 :: kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)

Adrian Sevcenco
Hi! I am trying to rebuild the f25 srpm on a centos 7 machine but after
a successful compilation i get this test error :
99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 454

Label Time Summary:
Label1    =   0.20 sec (1 test)
Label2    =   0.20 sec (1 test)

Total Test time (real) = 257.33 sec

The following tests FAILED:
           6 - kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

so, what test is this, and how can i debug this?
it's kind of driving me nuts knowing that the compilation is ok but test
failed!

anyone, any idea about this?

Thank you!!
Adrian

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: cmake 3.7.2 centos 7 :: kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)

Rolf Eike Beer
Adrian Sevcenco wrote:

> Hi! I am trying to rebuild the f25 srpm on a centos 7 machine but after
> a successful compilation i get this test error :
> 99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 454
>
> Label Time Summary:
> Label1    =   0.20 sec (1 test)
> Label2    =   0.20 sec (1 test)
>
> Total Test time (real) = 257.33 sec
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>            6 - kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
ctest -V --rerun-failed

Eike

On 02/14/2017 07:27 PM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>> Hi! I am trying to rebuild the f25 srpm on a centos 7 machine but after
>> a successful compilation i get this test error :
>> 99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 454
>>
>> Label Time Summary:
>> Label1    =   0.20 sec (1 test)
>> Label2    =   0.20 sec (1 test)
>>
>> Total Test time (real) = 257.33 sec
>>
>> The following tests FAILED:
>>            6 - kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)
>> Errors while running CTest
>
> ctest -V --rerun-failed
Thank you! So i found compilation errors like these :
  Determining if compiler supports C11 _Thread_local failed with the
following output:

/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/cmake-3.7.2/Source/Checks/cm_c11_thread_local.c:1:15:
error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'
1:  _Thread_local int i = 42;

or
/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/cmake-3.7.2/Source/Checks/cm_cxx_make_unique.cxx:4:28:
error: 'make_unique' is not a member of 'std'
1:    std::unique_ptr<int> u = std::make_unique<int>(0);

So, would this imply that cmake is not supported on EL7 because gcc does
not support cxx11 ?

It would have been nice to be mentioned somewhere in release notes :(

So, does anyone have any idea what is the latest 3.x version that can be
built on centos 7?

(i am aware of devtoolset but i dont want to build an rpm that depends
on the presence of devtoolset)

Thank you!
Adrian

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: cmake 3.7.2 centos 7 :: kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)

Chuck Atkins
Hi Adrian,

So, would this imply that cmake is not supported on EL7 because gcc does not support cxx11 ?

That's not really what's happening.  CMake is testing the C compiler to determine whether or not it supports C11 features and the C++ compiler to see if it supports C++11.  The error messages are expected in many of the test cases.  Here it's jsut checking to see if what it knows about the features supported by the specific version of GCC line up correctly with reality.  i.e. CMake thinks that gcc 4.8.2 supports certain features so it tests them to make sure.  So it's not saying that CMake isn't supported, just that the 1 specific test failed for some reason.

So, does anyone have any idea what is the latest 3.x version that can be built on centos 7?

All that being said, I wasn't able to reproduce the error with the current 3.7.2 release:

[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ lsb_release -d
[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11)
[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ ../../source/v3.7.2/bootstrap --parallel=28
CMake has bootstrapped.  Now run gmake.
[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ make -j28
100%] Built target ctest
[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ ./bin/ctest -j 28
100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 431

Label Time Summary:
Label1    =   0.51 sec (1 test)
Label2    =   0.51 sec (1 test)

Total Test time (real) = 247.03 sec
[chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$

What specific versionof EL7 are you running and which version of GCC?

----------
Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.

On 02/15/2017 09:04 PM, Chuck Atkins wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
Hi! and thank you for looking into this problem!

>     So, would this imply that cmake is not supported on EL7 because gcc
>     does not support cxx11 ?
>

> That's not really what's happening.  CMake is testing the C compiler to
> determine whether or not it supports C11 features and the C++ compiler
> to see if it supports C++11.  The error messages are expected in many of
> the test cases.  Here it's jsut checking to see if what it knows about
> the features supported by the specific version of GCC line up correctly
> with reality.  i.e. CMake thinks that gcc 4.8.2 supports certain
> features so it tests them to make sure.  So it's not saying that CMake
> isn't supported, just that the 1 specific test failed for some reason.

>     So, does anyone have any idea what is the latest 3.x version that
>     can be built on centos 7?
>

> All that being said, I wasn't able to reproduce the error with the
> current 3.7.2 release:
>
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ lsb_release -d
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11)
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ ../../source/v3.7.2/bootstrap
> --parallel=28
> CMake has bootstrapped.  Now run gmake.
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ make -j28
> 100%] Built target ctest
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$ ./bin/ctest -j 28
> 100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 431
>
> Label Time Summary:
> Label1    =   0.51 sec (1 test)
> Label2    =   0.51 sec (1 test)
>
> Total Test time (real) = 247.03 sec
> [chuck.atkins@deepthought v3.7.2]$
>
> What specific versionof EL7 are you running and which version of GCC?
the standard ones :
lsb_release -d

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-11)

i try to create cmake rpm based on the spec of
cmake-3.6.2-6.fc25.src.rpm
from which i removed most of the patches (i just want an rpm for centos
7) and used source of 3.7.2

Thank you!!
Adrian

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: cmake 3.7.2 centos 7 :: kwsys.testSystemTools (Failed)

Chuck Atkins
Hi Adrian,

I'd suggest taking the issue up with the package maintainer.  The upstream source for CMake 3.7.2 configures, builds, and passes all tests on EL7 so the problem seems to lie in how the RPM SPEC file is driving the build.