can I use cmake in parallel with Eclipse IDE?

hex

can I use cmake in parallel with Eclipse IDE?

hex

hello,

I want to use CMake as my primary build system. At some point I would like to take advantage of the tools provided by IDEs, such as stepping through code.

I know I can use CMake to generate an eclipse project, or use Eclipse to generate a CMake project. My doubt is whether these options are merely meant for import purposes or can these be used in parallel, i.e., switching between my CMake project and Eclipse back and forth.

I was reading about launch.json files and it seems that these can be used to launch any application with it.

please advice,

thank you

Re: can I use cmake in parallel with Eclipse IDE?

Bo Zhou
It's not about neither CMake or eclipse, but your target build system. CMake is the build system of build system, the actually work is related to the target building system.

If you generated eclipse CDT project + Makefile, of course it might be parallel, there is the option when you create the project. At Linux platform, the eclipse and Codeblocks work as well, just work for basic requirement, such as stepping, launch the application from IDE with arguments.

Just some experience, thanks.