announce: free VTK, ParaView and CMake training at Kitware New York next month

announce: free VTK, ParaView and CMake training at Kitware New York next month

David E DeMarle
Hi folks,

Kitware is going to present three free, one day training courses next month at our Albany NY headquarters. The outline for each day follows.

March 13'th "Introductory and applied VTK"

morning:

Dave DeMarle / Lisa Avila - "A hands on introduction to VTK"

afternoon:

Aashish Chaudhary - "VTK and Geosciences"

Berk Geveci - "Flow Visualization"

Ken Martin - "Realistic Rendering"

Sankesh Jhaveri - “A workflow for Medical Visualization”

March 14'th "Introductory and applied ParaView"

morning:

Dan Lipsa / Utkarsh Ayachit - "A hands on introduction to ParaView"

afternoon:

Andy Bauer - "CFD analysis"

T.J. Corona - "Simulation Debugging"

Utkarsh Ayachit - "Quantitative Analysis"

Bob O'Bara - "Point Cloud Processing"

March 15'th "CMake and Friends"
all day: w/ Bill Hoffman

To reserve a seat for the course, please fill out this google form and we'll get back to you to confirm your reservation.

https://goo.gl/forms/M3WmJcV9W6qKTK8x2

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

Re: announce: free VTK, ParaView and CMake training at Kitware New York next month

Alan W. Irwin
On 2018-02-01 15:16-0500 David E DeMarle wrote:

> Kitware is going to present three free, one day training courses next month
> at our Albany NY headquarters. The outline for each day follows.

For those of who would prefer not to make such a long trip but who are
extremely interested in those training courses, would you be willing
to record a video of those training sessions and make that video
freely accessible on the web?

I (and presumably many others here since this is the CMake mailing
list after all) would be particularly interested in watching the last-day session

> March 15'th "CMake and Friends"
> all day: w/ Bill Hoffman

Alan
__________________________
Alan W. Irwin

__________________________

Linux-powered Science
__________________________

Re: announce: free VTK, ParaView and CMake training at Kitware New York next month

David E DeMarle
Hi Alan,

Unfortunately no, not for this run through. For this first run through of the new material we want it to be local only. This way we can keep it highly interactive (it is harder to assist everyone well in an online group).

The VTK and ParaView slides at least will be posted online, I'm not entirely certain yet, but I think the CMake slides will be too.
In the next run through we will very likely open it up and at least post videos after the fact.

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

Re: announce: free VTK, ParaView and CMake training at Kitware New York next month

Bill Lorensen
Maybe add a short intro to the new VTKExamples?

On Feb 5, 2018 11:41 AM, "David E DeMarle" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alan,

Unfortunately no, not for this run through. For this first run through of the new material we want it to be local only. This way we can keep it highly interactive (it is harder to assist everyone well in an online group).

The VTK and ParaView slides at least will be posted online, I'm not entirely certain yet, but I think the CMake slides will be too.
In the next run through we will very likely open it up and at least post videos after the fact.

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909