Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Louis-Paul CORDIER
Hi,

I'm trying to use the cmake 'if' statement with the EXISTS parameter,
used for checking folder/file existence.

In my project, I have a library stored on a network samba folder. On my
Windows dev platform, I mapped a network drive (Windows 7 -> Computer ->
Map network drive) on this share (the created network letter is Z:).
Other program can access and work on this drive without any problems.

When I try to do a if(EXISTS "Z:\"), it never jump into the if statement.

Is it a bug?

Best regards,

LPC

Re: Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Nils Gladitz-2
On 03/03/2017 02:28 PM, Louis-Paul CORDIER wrote:

> When I try to do a if(EXISTS "Z:\"), it never jump into the if statement.

Try if(EXISTS "Z:\\") or if(EXISTS "Z:/").
Either works for me.

if(EXISTS "Z:\") looks like it should have been a syntax error since the
backslash starts an escape sequence [1].

Nils

[1]
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-language.7.html#escape-sequences

Re: Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Louis-Paul CORDIER
Does not solve the issue here...
I'm using the latest cmake release 3.7.2

Your Z is a mapped network drive, am I right?

This behaviour is causing find_package to fail as well.

Le 03/03/2017 à 15:23, Nils Gladitz a écrit :

> On 03/03/2017 02:28 PM, Louis-Paul CORDIER wrote:
>

>> When I try to do a if(EXISTS "Z:\"), it never jump into the if
>> statement.
>
> Try if(EXISTS "Z:\\") or if(EXISTS "Z:/").
> Either works for me.
>
> if(EXISTS "Z:\") looks like it should have been a syntax error since
> the backslash starts an escape sequence [1].
>
> Nils
>
> [1]
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-language.7.html#escape-sequences

Re: Windows mapped network drive and 'if EXISTS'

Louis-Paul CORDIER
Hi again,

Problem solved by rebooting Windows and the samba share.

Thank you anyway!