Quantcast

Why do NSIS installers created by CMake/CPack trigger the Program Compatibility Wizard under Vista?

Why do NSIS installers created by CMake/CPack trigger the Program Compatibility Wizard under Vista?

Linebarger, John
Hello!  I am using CMake/CPack to create NSIS installers for 64-bit Windows Vista programs.  Every time I run the installer on a 64-bit Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 machine, I trigger the Program Compability Wizard - it says that it has detected that "older code" is being installed, and wants to know whether I want to reinstall with "recommended settings."  All I know is that on my machine, at least, the recommended settings and the default "not recommended" installation settings seem to make no difference.  However, I have been unable to get the installer to ever work correctly on a customer's machine.

Any ideas?  What is it about an NSIS/CPack/CMake installer that is triggering the Program Compatibility Wizard under Windows Vista 64-bit?  How can it be tamed and bent to my iron will?  ;)

Thanks!  Enjoy!

John M. Linebarger
Sandia National Laboratories