Visual Studio platform name ("Win32", "x64") back on CMake GUI window?

Visual Studio platform name ("Win32", "x64") back on CMake GUI window?

Niels Dekker
Previous versions of CMake GUI (prior to CMake 3.14) always displayed
the name of the selected platform (typically "Win32" or "Win64") with
the current generator, for example:

   "Current Generator: Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64"

It was very convenient to have the platform name displayed on the main
window of the CMake GUI.

When a new Visual Studio project is generated "from scratch" by CMake
3.14, the platform name is no longer displayed with the Current
Generator. As I just tested with CMake 3.14.4, generating for VS2017
x64.

Would it be possible to get the VS platform name back onto the CMake GUI
main window?

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer

Re: Visual Studio platform name ("Win32", "x64") back on CMake GUI window?

CMake mailing list
Can you submit this to our issue tracker please (
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues )

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 9:44 AM Niels Dekker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Previous versions of CMake GUI (prior to CMake 3.14) always displayed
> the name of the selected platform (typically "Win32" or "Win64") with
> the current generator, for example:
>
>    "Current Generator: Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64"
>
> It was very convenient to have the platform name displayed on the main
> window of the CMake GUI.
>
> When a new Visual Studio project is generated "from scratch" by CMake
> 3.14, the platform name is no longer displayed with the Current
> Generator. As I just tested with CMake 3.14.4, generating for VS2017
> x64.
>
> Would it be possible to get the VS platform name back onto the CMake GUI
> main window?
>

> Kind regards, Niels
> --
> Niels Dekker
> Scientific programmer
> LKEB, Leiden University Medical Center

Re: Visual Studio platform name ("Win32", "x64") back on CMake GUI window?

Niels Dekker
Thanks for your support, Robert! Here it is:

   #19290 "Visual Studio platform name Current Generator back on CMake
GUI window?"
   https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/19290

Kind regards, Niels