Variable expansion to positional arguments

Variable expansion to positional arguments

I'm trying to improve some functions by wrapping them. I found the topic asked
several times in different places and time [1][2][3]. This article[4] explain
very well the current situation and issues.

My understanding is, there is _no_ solution to correctly expand variables to
positional arguments with cmake. Which make passing dynamic arguments
unreliable.
Am I correct? Is this a feature or a bug?

Regards,

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52480737/pass-empty-strings-in-cmake
[2] https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake-developers/2015-July/025640.html
[3] https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2013-October/056024.html