VTK with QT options: VTK_USE_QVTK not available

VTK with QT options: VTK_USE_QVTK not available

Nicolas Rannou
Hello,

I'm working with ubuntu 9.04
I compiled QT(4.5.2) doing ./configure, make, make install.

Then I downloaded cmake (2.6.4) : sudo apt-get install cmake

Now I downloaded the sources of VTK(5.4.2) and VTK Data and I want to
compile it.
I want to use VTK with QT.

so I go in the folder where I want to build VTK (/home/VTK-build)
I run ccmake ../VTK .

The probleme is that in CMake I don't have the options

DESIRED_QT_VERSION
and
VTK_QT_USE_WEBKIT
and
VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT
and
VTK_USE_QVTK

so I can't turn it on and I assume that it will engender troubles when I
will compile a VTK/QT project... Do you know why this problem appears and
do you know if it is really a problem.

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Re: VTK with QT options: VTK_USE_QVTK not available

John Drescher-2
> I'm working with ubuntu 9.04
> I compiled QT(4.5.2) doing ./configure, make, make install.
>
> Then I downloaded cmake (2.6.4) : sudo apt-get install cmake
>
> Now I downloaded the sources of VTK(5.4.2) and VTK Data and I want to
> compile it.
> I want to use VTK with QT.
>
> so I go in the folder where I want to build VTK (/home/VTK-build)
> I run ccmake ../VTK .
>
> The probleme is that in CMake I don't have the options
>
> DESIRED_QT_VERSION
> and
> VTK_QT_USE_WEBKIT
> and
> VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT
> and
> VTK_USE_QVTK
>
> so I can't turn it on and I assume that it will engender troubles when I
> will compile a VTK/QT project... Do you know why this problem appears and
> do you know if it is really a problem.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Nicolas

I believe VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT should be available on the first run of
cmake. After you accept that. VTK_USE_QVTK should be available. Then
DESIRED_QT_VERSION.

John

Re: VTK with QT options: VTK_USE_QVTK not available

Clinton Stimpson

I just responded on the VTK list about your issues.

Clint