Quantcast

VS Code generator?

Eric Noulard
Is there any plan to create/support a VS Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/) generator?

Since Visual Studio Code seems to be able to open Visual Studio Solution is it possible to have a working Visual Studio Generator on Linux?

Any information/experience about using VS Code with CMake on Linux would be great.

--
Eric

Re: VS Code generator?

Nils Gladitz-2
On 03/24/2017 02:04 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:

> Is there any plan to create/support a VS Code
> (https://code.visualstudio.com/) generator?
>
> Since Visual Studio Code seems to be able to open Visual Studio
> Solution is it possible to have a working Visual Studio Generator on
> Linux?
>
> Any information/experience about using VS Code with CMake on Linux
> would be great.

Did you see
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vector-of-bool.cmake-tools
?
Might have more potential with the noted CMake Server support than CMake
generated IDE files.

Nils

Re: VS Code generator?

=?utf-8?q?M=C3=A1t=C3=A9_Ferenc_Nagy-Egri_via_CMake_=3Ccmake=40cmake?=

I agree and not at the same time. CMake Tools is an awesome extension, but C++ development in VS Code still feel second rate due to the fact, that the C++ language services extension (most notably the Microsoft extension) does not know about CMake Tools and one manually has to populate CppSettings.json file with include files for instance, as well as the actual location of the executables if one wishes to debug targets. All this info is available in the JSON generated by CMake Tools by invoking cmake in server mode, but the two extensions would have to meet in the middle. There are discussions about this on their respective Github issues trackers, but there is major radio silence from the MS dev team.

Feladó: [hidden email]
Elküldve: 2017. március 24., péntek 14:28
Címzett: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Tárgy: Re: [CMake] VS Code generator?