Use a custom linker

Nicola Brisotto
Hi,
I want to crosscompile a project. I created a  toolchain file. But I've problems because the linking step use the compiler to link. My need to uses another tool to link.
How can I force cmake to use  a different linker?

Nicola Brisotto

Re: Use a custom linker

Alexander Neundorf-3
On Friday 11 December 2009, Nicola Brisotto wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to crosscompile a project. I created a  toolchain file. But I've
> problems because the linking step use the compiler to link. My need to uses
> another tool to link. How can I force cmake to use  a different linker?
>
> I've posted also on stackoverflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1867745/cmake-use-a-custom-linker

You may have to set the CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE/CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE
variables to what you need.
See the files in Platform/ and Compiler/ for examples.

Alex