Updating an existing makefile

otavioarj
Hello, I was studding the cmake wiki page, finding some way to use cmake to update an existing makefile that I have.
I want to check if some libs is installed, get some path of files, all using cmake, but I don't want to generate a new makefile, just want to update an existing makefile with the corrects path, and warning if some path was not found.

So, there's any way to do that using cmake? Maybe including the makefile to be updated in CMakeLists.txt ?

Thank You.