Ubuntu CMake Repository Now Available

CMake mailing list
All,

I am pleased to announce that Kitware is now offering an
officially-supported set of Ubuntu packages for CMake. These CMake
packages can be installed with apt-get, just like other Ubuntu
packages. We currently support Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

The following packages are available:

* cmake - Contains the CMake command line executable, CTest, and CPack.
* cmake-curses-gui - Contains ccmake.
* cmake-qt-gui - Contains cmake-gui.
* cmake-doc - Contains the CMake documentation.

To use these packages, follow the instructions at

https://apt.kitware.com/

to add our APT repository to your Ubuntu installation, and then use
apt-get install to install one or all of the above packages.

We currently offer CMake 3.14.1, and will continue to update the
repository as new CMake releases are issued.

Kyle

Re: Ubuntu CMake Repository Now Available

Dmitry Igrishin
Thats great! Thank you!

пт, 5 апр. 2019 г. в 22:17, Kyle Edwards via CMake <[hidden email]>:

> All,
>
> I am pleased to announce that Kitware is now offering an
> officially-supported set of Ubuntu packages for CMake. These CMake
> packages can be installed with apt-get, just like other Ubuntu
> packages. We currently support Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.
>
> The following packages are available:
>
> * cmake - Contains the CMake command line executable, CTest, and CPack.
> * cmake-curses-gui - Contains ccmake.
> * cmake-qt-gui - Contains cmake-gui.
> * cmake-doc - Contains the CMake documentation.
>
> To use these packages, follow the instructions at
>
> https://apt.kitware.com/
>
> to add our APT repository to your Ubuntu installation, and then use
> apt-get install to install one or all of the above packages.
>
> We currently offer CMake 3.14.1, and will continue to update the
> repository as new CMake releases are issued.
>
> Kyle

Re: Ubuntu CMake Repository Now Available

Sergei Nikulov
It would be great to see officialy supported rpm repository for CentOS/Fedora as well!

Thank you in advance.

пт, 5 апр. 2019 г., 22:17 Kyle Edwards via CMake <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Thank you! I successfully installed your CMake 3.14.1 package this morning.

Steven

Re: Ubuntu CMake Repository Now Available

Martin Weber-2
Am Freitag, 5. April 2019, 22:15:37 CEST schrieb Sergei Nikulov:
> It would be great to see officialy supported rpm repository for
> CentOS/Fedora as well!

The open build service [1] supports packaging for many distros, including
Debian.
The project for cmake is here [2]. You could ask the maintainers to add
building cmake for CentOS/Fedora, too.

Martin

[1] https://openbuildservice.org/
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:tools:building/cmake