Troubles with small CMakeLists.txt

Steven Truppe
Hi everyone,

i finaly have solved the issues i had and now have the working code on:
https://wandbox.org/permlink/ujEH8F91SVzMyt1D

The problem is that the i only get the last result as output, he create
the variables and stores them (i tested with cmake_print_variables) but
at the end the resulting variables are empty - only the last one is
correct....

I hope someone here can help.

best regards!

Re: Troubles with small CMakeLists.txt

Steven Truppe
I've made the code more readable and easy to understand so you don't
have to read through all the code:
https://wandbox.org/permlink/qp7ScGBeMOtolfxb

On 05.06.19 00:47, Steven Truppe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> i finaly have solved the issues i had and now have the working code on:
> https://wandbox.org/permlink/ujEH8F91SVzMyt1D
>

> The problem is that the i only get the last result as output, he create
> the variables and stores them (i tested with cmake_print_variables) but
> at the end the resulting variables are empty - only the last one is
> correct....
>
> I hope someone here can help.
>

> best regards!

Re: Troubles with small CMakeLists.txt

Stephan.Szabo
Hi,

Looking at the cmake there, your bsBuildLibExamples macro starts off by doing
   set(WITH_LIB_${lib_upper}_EXAMPLES "")
but lib_upper isn't set to match the new value of lib until later inside the foreach.
So it seems like you're resetting the value of the previous iteration.

Moving the
  string(TOUPPER ${lib} lib_upper)
to the top of the macro seems to make all the variables show up.

Regards,
Stephan

I've made the code more readable and easy to understand so you don't have to read through all the code:
https://wandbox.org/permlink/qp7ScGBeMOtolfxb

On 05.06.19 00:47, Steven Truppe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> i finaly have solved the issues i had and now have the working code on:
> https://wandbox.org/permlink/ujEH8F91SVzMyt1D
>

> The problem is that the i only get the last result as output, he
> create the variables and stores them (i tested with
> cmake_print_variables) but at the end the resulting variables are
> empty - only the last one is correct....
>
> I hope someone here can help.
>

> best regards!

Re: Troubles with small CMakeLists.txt

Steven Truppe
That was the issue - thanks alot for you help, i'm sitting now for over
5 hours in front of cmake and my eyes need some rest (and more brain
needs more cmake knowledge:).

best regards!