Tracking progress of CMake-ran TAR

Person Withhats
When tarting files from CMake (in order to use cross-platform work-ability and what not) it'd be great to have a progress bar of any sort.

It's awkward to wait 30-60 minutes for file untarring with absolutely 0 information. I'm not aware of any way to do this through CMake directly, only alternative is e.g. python script that does the untar for me.

Any suggestions?