Quantcast

Toggle Absolute paths in Eclipse Generator

Toggle Absolute paths in Eclipse Generator

Michele Portolan
Hello,

I am trying to use the Eclipse Generator to create a project to be
exported to Eclipse. Everything works fine, but when I look at the
generated .cproject and .project I see that all paths are absolute, like
for instance:

<buildArguments>-E chdir
"/home/portolan/my_project/Optional_Libs/eclipse_build/Server"
"/usr/bin/cmake" -P
"CMakeFiles/ATE_Loopback_Server.dir/cmake_clean.cmake"</buildArguments>

This is not really good because I would like to copy my project to
another machine where I do not have /home/portolan/.

So I have two questions: Can I ask cmake to

  - generate relative paths instead of absolute?

  - copy the sources locally to the Eclipse project, rather than use the
external ones?

Thanks,

Michele

Re: Toggle Absolute paths in Eclipse Generator

Eric Noulard
Hi Michele,

If you look into CMake ML history you'll find many discussions concerning the ABSOLUTE vs RELATIVE path for generated build systems.

CMake had once an option for trying that, the support has been removed:

So basically you cannot ask generate relative paths.

See: