TRY_COMPILE help...

achandrapano

I am using a custom compiler and during the initialization of CMake, the CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake is invoked which tries to compile a simple program. However the compile fails it is because of the flags passed to the compiler.

For example, the command line that is generated by CMake is:

“C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\COMPUW~1\NMShared\NMcl.exe  $(C_DEFINES) $(C_FLAGS) -o CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj   -c C:\trunk\Debug\wxp_x86\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\testCCompiler.c”

The “-o” should be a “-Fo”, otherwise the object file generated is not of the form “testCCompiler.c.obj”.

Is there anyway to tell CMake to use “-Fo” instead of “-o”? Or perhaps disable the Test?

Thanks!

Re: TRY_COMPILE help...

Alexander Neundorf-3
On Monday 27 July 2009, Ashwin Chandra wrote:

> I am using a custom compiler and during the initialization of CMake, the
> CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake is invoked which tries to compile a simple
> program. However the compile fails it is because of the flags passed to
> the compiler.
>
> For example, the command line that is generated by CMake is:
>
> "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\COMPUW~1\NMShared\NMcl.exe  $(C_DEFINES)
> $(C_FLAGS) -o CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj   -c
> C:\trunk\Debug\wxp_x86\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\testCCompiler.c"
>
> The "-o" should be a "-Fo", otherwise the object file generated is not
> of the form "testCCompiler.c.obj".
>
> Is there anyway to tell CMake to use "-Fo" instead of "-o"? Or perhaps
> disable the Test?

Is this a special edition of the MS cl.exe ?
Can you please post the full output of the cmake run ?

Thanks
Alex