Strange test failure

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Strange test failure

Aaron Boxer
I have a test in my ctest suite that fails both with
and without a ! at the beginning of the test.

So,

FOO -BAR -BAZ

fails

and

!FOO -BAR -BAZ

fails.

Any ideas, or how can I get more info on the failure ?

Thanks.
Aaron

--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange test failure

Nils Gladitz-2
On 01/20/2017 12:59 AM, Aaron Boxer wrote:

> I have a test in my ctest suite that fails both with
> and without a ! at the beginning of the test.
>
> So,
>
> FOO -BAR -BAZ
>
> fails
>
> and
>
> !FOO -BAR -BAZ
>
> fails.

I am not aware of "!" having any special meaning in the context of
CTest. Can you elaborate?

>
> Any ideas, or how can I get more info on the failure ?

ctest -V or ctest --output-on-failure might help.

What type of failure does CTest indicate?

Nils
--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Strange test failure

Aaron Boxer
Thanks, Nils, I figured it out.

On Jan 20, 2017 2:41 AM, "Nils Gladitz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/20/2017 12:59 AM, Aaron Boxer wrote:

I have a test in my ctest suite that fails both with
and without a ! at the beginning of the test.

So,

FOO -BAR -BAZ

fails

and

!FOO -BAR -BAZ

fails.

I am not aware of "!" having any special meaning in the context of CTest. Can you elaborate?


Any ideas, or how can I get more info on the failure ?

ctest -V or ctest --output-on-failure might help.

What type of failure does CTest indicate?

Nils

--

Powered by www.kitware.com

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit:

CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html
CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html
CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake