Scoping of CMake functions included from modules

Scoping of CMake functions included from modules

Timothy Wrona
I've been working on a relatively complicated project that uses multiple CMake modules. Some of these modules internally include other modules. The issue is, when one of my modules internally includes another module, all of the functions from the internal module become visible globally throughout my whole project!

I have written a Stack Overflow problem with a basic example demonstrating my problem:

Unfortunately CMake doesn't get much response on Stack Overflow so I figured I should probably send a message to the mailing list as well.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Tim