Runtime output directory inconsistencies

Runtime output directory inconsistencies

stefan)
Hi,

I have another question. I am trying to control the output directory
of my executable. I use the following code and it works almost
perfect:

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( ${EXAMPLE_NAME} PROPERTIES
        RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY  ${BINARY_DESTINATION_PATH}
)

The only problem is that on some platforms/setups (vc9, xcode with
bundles) cmake thinks it's a good idea to append a "Release" or
"Debug" to the path. For obvious reasons I would really like to
prevent this. Is there a way of doing this without kludging the target
names? The only solution I found was to prefix the target/output-file
names with "../"

Any better ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Best,

/stefan

Re: Runtime output directory inconsistencies

Tyler Roscoe
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 09:19:52PM -0700, stefan) wrote:
> The only problem is that on some platforms/setups (vc9, xcode with
> bundles) cmake thinks it's a good idea to append a "Release" or
> "Debug" to the path. For obvious reasons I would really like to

CMake is not the one doing this; the IDEs do. They basically have to,
since the build type is not known until the user picks it from a
dropdown, so there's no other way for the IDE to insure that your debug
and release binaries don't clobber each other.

> prevent this. Is there a way of doing this without kludging the target
> names? The only solution I found was to prefix the target/output-file
> names with "../"

I use the prefix hack.

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8243

tyler