Re: spaces in generator strings troublesome (Konstantin Tokarev)

Re: spaces in generator strings troublesome (Konstantin Tokarev)

Hello Konstantin Tokarev,

thank you for your answer.

> Just  write your scripts in decent language
Well, i know, there are more sophisticated languages than bash. But in our environment here unfortunately there are reasons why we cannot use another language. Please do not let us discuss why.

My problem is also not that i don't have a solution in bash. I got it working finally.
The point is. this solution is not nice, it is hardly comprehensible, hardly maintainable. Also other people out there have to deal with this. It is just more complicated as it needs to be.
So i kindly ask the CMake project to support command lines like "cmake . -GUnix_Makefiles".

Thank you.