RVCT support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RVCT support

Darren ha
hi list!!

i do like the concept of cmake. so I wanna use it as our main build system.
so i surveyed it  and discovered there is no support for RVCT(armcc, armlink  ...).

Due to lack of organized documentation, It was hard to write new toolchain file & rules.

If there is someone already done this. please let me know.
Any clue or hint are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

BR Darren.


_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RVCT support

Eric Noulard
2009/9/10 Darren ha <[hidden email]>:
> hi list!!
>
> i do like the concept of cmake. so I wanna use it as our main build system.
> so i surveyed it  and discovered there is no support for RVCT(armcc,
> armlink  ...).
>
> Due to lack of organized documentation, It was hard to write new toolchain
> file & rules.

Alex will certainly answer to you but, concerning "organized documentation"
did you read that one:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

--
Erk
Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
http://www.april.org
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RVCT support

Darren ha


On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Eric Noulard <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/9/10 Darren ha <[hidden email]>:
> hi list!!
>
> i do like the concept of cmake. so I wanna use it as our main build system.
> so i surveyed it  and discovered there is no support for RVCT(armcc,
> armlink  ...).
>
> Due to lack of organized documentation, It was hard to write new toolchain
> file & rules.

Alex will certainly answer to you but, concerning "organized documentation"
did you read that one:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

yes , I've read that article.
in RVCT world, the compilation flag are totally different compared to gcc , cl(MSVC compiler).
so many compile, link flags are have to be set manually.
With provided documents, I can't set up entire flags easily.
lack lack lack.. of organized info..
that's why i sending this email to list!.
Thanks in advance.

 
--
Erk
Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
http://www.april.org
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake


_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RVCT support

Alexander Neundorf-3
On Thursday 10 September 2009, Darren ha wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Eric Noulard <[hidden email]>wrote:
> > 2009/9/10 Darren ha <[hidden email]>:
> > > hi list!!
> > >
> > > i do like the concept of cmake. so I wanna use it as our main build
> >
> > system.
> >
> > > so i surveyed it  and discovered there is no support for RVCT(armcc,
> > > armlink  ...).
> > >
> > > Due to lack of organized documentation, It was hard to write new
> >
> > toolchain
> >
> > > file & rules.
> >
> > Alex will certainly answer to you but, concerning "organized
> > documentation" did you read that one:
> > http://vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
> >
> > yes , I've read that article.

Your issue is indeed more a toolchain-issue than a cross compiling issue. Brad
is the expert for that, but I think I should be able to help too...

> in RVCT world, the compilation flag are totally different compared to gcc ,
> cl(MSVC compiler).
> so many compile, link flags are have to be set manually.
> With provided documents, I can't set up entire flags easily.

Ok, we need more information...

This is what cmake 2.6 does when invoked initially:
$ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done

How far did you get this working with your toolchain ?

Alex
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake