RC compilation failing

Gonzalo Garramuño
I had a resource.rc file and a resource.h file with just an ICON to
provide the icon to my application.  However, since a week or so ago, RC
refuses to compile it, giving the not very helpful message:

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.3.9600.17336
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

RC : fatal error RW1023: I/O error seeking in file

According to the MSDEV pages that means I don't have disk space, but
that's not true.  I checked permissions too and that seemed okay too.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño

Re: RC compilation failing

Zan Lynx
On April 9, 2019 1:51:52 PM MDT, "Gonzalo Garramuño" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I had a resource.rc file and a resource.h file with just an ICON to
>provide the icon to my application.  However, since a week or so ago,
>RC
>refuses to compile it, giving the not very helpful message:
>
>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.3.9600.17336
>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>RC : fatal error RW1023: I/O error seeking in file
>
>According to the MSDEV pages that means I don't have disk space, but
>that's not true.  I checked permissions too and that seemed okay too.

I'm just a user of CMake. That doesn't sound like anything to do with CMake to me.

I would try creating a fresh empty RC file and make sure that works. Then add the icon back.

It's possible your source code control screwed up the newlines and "fixed" your icon if it thought it was a text file.
--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil