Question about config_file.

Steven Truppe

Hi everyone,

currently i'm trying to build my doxygen documentation from my CMakeLists.txt file. I found the following example that seems to be correct:

######################
## bsBuildDoxygen() ##
######################
macro(bsBuildDocs)
	if(GENERATE_DOCS)
		# check if Doxygen is installed
		find_package(Doxygen)
		if(DOXYGEN_FOUND)
			# set input and output files
			set(DOXYGEN_IN ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/doc/manual/Doxyfile.in)
			set(DOXYGEN_OUT ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/doc/manual/Doxyfile)

			# request to configure the file
			configure_file(${DOXYGEN_IN} ${DOXYGEN_OUT} @ONLY)
			message("Doxygen build started")

			# note the option ALL which allows to build the docs together with the application
			add_custom_target( doc_doxygen ALL
				COMMAND ${DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE} ${DOXYGEN_OUT}
				WORKING_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
				COMMENT "Generating API documentation with Doxygen"
				VERBATIM )
		else()
		  message("Doxygen need to be installed to generate the doxygen documentation")
		endif()
	endif()
endmacro()

Now my question is about the configure_file command. what is Doxygen.in and what is the configure_file command for ?

best regards!

Re: Question about config_file.

Petr Kmoch
Hi Steven.

"what is the configure_file command for?"

"what is Doxygen.in?"

Check its contents at wherever you found the example for details, but it should be a template for the Doxygen configuration file (the config file read by Doxygen).

Petr