QT AUTOMOC problems with latest versions

QT AUTOMOC problems with latest versions

Jose Fernandez Navarro
Hello,

The cmake’s automoc functionality has stopped working in my codebase since version 3.8.2 and 3.9.1.

My code base was compiling/building fine until I updated CMake. If I downgrade it to 3.7.9 or lower then it compiles fine again.

The error code that I get is the following:

Scanning dependencies of target analysis
[ 65%] Building CXX object src/model/CMakeFiles/model.dir/GeneItemModel.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object src/analysis/CMakeFiles/analysis.dir/AnalysisDEA.cpp.o
[ 67%] Building CXX object src/viewRenderer/CMakeFiles/viewRenderer.dir/GraphicItemGL.cpp.o
[ 68%] Built target viewPages
[ 70%] Building CXX object src/model/CMakeFiles/model.dir/SpotItemModel.cpp.o
[ 71%] Built target viewRenderer
[ 72%] Building CXX object src/analysis/CMakeFiles/analysis.dir/AnalysisQC.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object src/analysis/CMakeFiles/analysis.dir/AnalysisCorrelation.cpp.o
[ 74%] Built target model
[ 75%] Building CXX object src/analysis/CMakeFiles/analysis.dir/AnalysisClustering.cpp.o
[ 76%] Building CXX object src/analysis/CMakeFiles/analysis.dir/ChartView.cpp.o
[ 77%] Built target analysis
Scanning dependencies of target STViewer
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `src/dialogs/CMakeFiles/dialogs.dir/dialogs_autogen/moc_compilation.cpp.o', needed by `STViewer.app/Contents/MacOS/STViewer'.  Stop.
[ 78%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/STViewer.dir/main.cpp.o
[ 81%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/STViewer.dir/STViewer_autogen/moc_compilation.cpp.o
[ 82%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/STViewer.dir/mainWindow.cpp.o
[ 82%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/STViewer.dir/STViewer_autogen/AXPSB5LYZJ/qrc_application.cpp.o
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/STViewer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The source is structured in different source folders and I use the cmake’s automoc set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)

Has anybody experienced similar issues? Has anything changed in the way cmake performs automoc
since version 3.8.x?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jose