Problems Building a Java Project Under Cygwin

Problems Building a Java Project Under Cygwin

R0b0t1
What fails is the compile step, like so:

javac: file not found:
\cygdrive\C\Users\R0b0t1\Documents\Code\project\build\CMakeFiles\project.dir\java_sources
(The system cannot find the path specified)

Is this due to a change in the path separator?

On another note, are there any suggestions for building Java projects?
Everything seems very confusing. I am not very smart.

Respectfully,
     R0b0t1.

Re: Problems Building a Java Project Under Cygwin

marco atzeri-2
On 29/10/2017 04:44, R0b0t1 wrote:

> What fails is the compile step, like so:
>
> javac: file not found:
> \cygdrive\C\Users\R0b0t1\Documents\Code\project\build\CMakeFiles\project.dir\java_sources
> (The system cannot find the path specified)
>
> Is this due to a change in the path separator?
>
> On another note, are there any suggestions for building Java projects?
> Everything seems very confusing. I am not very smart.
>
> Respectfully,
>       R0b0t1.

the Java compiler is NOT a cygwin program, so it has no clue of
\cygdrive.

It will be more easy to use a windows cmake for your Java project

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 4:54 AM, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29/10/2017 04:44, R0b0t1 wrote:
>>
>> What fails is the compile step, like so:
>>
>> javac: file not found:
>>
>> \cygdrive\C\Users\R0b0t1\Documents\Code\project\build\CMakeFiles\project.dir\java_sources
>> (The system cannot find the path specified)
>>
>> Is this due to a change in the path separator?
>>
>> On another note, are there any suggestions for building Java projects?
>> Everything seems very confusing. I am not very smart.
>>
>> Respectfully,
>>       R0b0t1.
>>

> the Java compiler is NOT a cygwin program, so it has no clue of
> \cygdrive.
>
> It will be more easy to use a windows cmake for your Java project

It's really not going to be easier for me to do that. Are there no
plans to fix this? I suppose I might file a bug against Cygwin for
path translation, but that may be equally intractable.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1