Prevent linebreaks in cmake output

CMake mailing list
Is there a way to have each message from cmake appear on a single line? Currently my output seems to break like this:
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
Parse error.  Function missing ending ")".  End of file reached.

I'm trying to parse the error messages in a program that reads cmake's stderr and stdout. Rather than trying to decide which lines should go together, and building all the scanning that would be required for that, I was hoping there might just be a flag I could set to do the work for me.