Quantcast

Path too long

Rob McDonald
All,

I'm building FLTK as an ExternalProject to a 'Libraries' project.  Inside the ExternalProject, I'm using the FLTK CMake build system.

I've then created a SuperProject to build Libraries as an ExternalProject (and my main project too).  This works great so far on my Mac.

On my Windows machine, this results in a path name longer than 256 characters for the innermost FLTK CMake run.  This fails to write a file, which causes the build to fail.  Which causes the whole thing to fall down.  The specific innermost error is this....

5>CUSTOMBUILD : CMake error : cannot write to file "C:/Users/ramcdona/Documents/OpenVSP/refactor/build/super/Libraries-prefix/src/Libraries-build/FLTK-prefix/src/FLTK-build/CMakeFiles/Export/C_/Users/ramcdona/Documents/OpenVSP/refactor/build/super/Libraries-prefix/src/Libraries-build/FLTK-prefix/CMake/FLTKLibraries.cmake": No such file or directory

Beautiful, isn't it?

Although I can obviously work around this by using some alternate less-buried directory, that is a fragile solution that is not user-proof.  Is there some way around this?  What have other projects with big SuperBuild's done?

Rob

Re: Path too long

steven91
For such issues, you can use long path tool as well, it works good.

Re: Path too long

fostersanders
Hey I suggest that you try Long Path Tool.

It´s a great tool to to fix the message that say "The specified file or folder name is too long. The URL path for all files and folders must be 260 character..."

I used it and had a good and fast solution to my problem.

Highly recommendable.