PROJECT( LANGUAGES ) and m4

Brad Bell
If one looks at the documentation
     https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/project.html
one sees
     project(<PROJECT-NAME> [LANGUAGES] [<language-name>...])
and the following text: 'By default C and CXX are enabled if no language
options are given.'

It there a list of available languages ?

I have a project that has m4 input files. A single m4 input file can be
used to generate output in Perl, Octave, Python, or C++ language. Can
CMake handle this type of dependency, or would I have to use custom
targets in this case ?

Re: PROJECT( LANGUAGES ) and m4

Brad Bell
Using a custom_command (not custom_target) and a looping over the output
file names, I was able to get cmake to properly track the m4 output
files and create them when necessary; see
     https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-June/029909.html
This seems to me like a good solution.