Quantcast

Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Alex Chen

The source code I want to compile on Linux uses ‘FindOpenSSL’, ‘FindZLIB’, and ‘FindCURL’ to resolve the paths of these libraries.

However, I have newer version of these libraries in different locations.  How to I override these to use my paths?

I am able to use OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR, from FindOpenSSL module, and ZLIB_ROOT, from FindZLIB module, to override the paths.

But I cannot find anything in FindCURL module to override the path of libcurl.

Alex Chen

Re: Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Michael Ellery
It doesn’t look like that find module directly supports HINTS or PATHS, so you can try setting CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH  (https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.7/variable/CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH.html) before calling the curl finder. I think you can add to those variables whatever paths are appropriate to search for CURL on your systems.

-Mike

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 6:06 PM, Alex Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The source code I want to compile on Linux uses ‘FindOpenSSL’, ‘FindZLIB’, and ‘FindCURL’ to resolve the paths of these libraries.
> However, I have newer version of these libraries in different locations.  How to I override these to use my paths?
> I am able to use OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR, from FindOpenSSL module, and ZLIB_ROOT, from FindZLIB module, to override the paths.
> But I cannot find anything in FindCURL module to override the path of libcurl.
>

> Alex Chen

Re: Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Alex Chen

Thanks for the help.  I will try that.

Alex Chen

Re: Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Alex Chen

Although cmake uses the path I supplied for OpenSSL and Zlib, I do not see the –I flag being used in compiling the code. (I set VERBOSE=1 to make to see what it does.)

When I run ‘ldd’ against the resulting .so files, reference to libssl.so or libcrypto.so is empty, i.e ‘libssl.so => not found’, but libz.so still links to /lib64/libz.so. (It seems to ignore the fact it does find a new path of zlib.)

How to I set the linker flag, i.e. –L and –Wl,-rpath=$myLibPath ?

Alex Chen

From: CMake <[hidden email]> on behalf of Alex Chen <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
To: CMake <[hidden email]>

From: Michael Ellery <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 8:13 PM
To: Alex Chen <[hidden email]>
Cc: CMake <[hidden email]>

-- Powered by www.kitware.com Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ Kitware offers various services to support the CMake community. For more information on each offering, please visit: CMake Support: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/support.html CMake Consulting: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/consulting.html CMake Training Courses: http://cmake.org/cmake/help/training.html Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/cmake

Re: Overriding the include path, library path of OpenSSL, Zlib and libcurl

Michael Ellery
after find_package is invoked, several variables will be set. You use these to augment your compiler and linker information, e.g.:

target_include_directories(mytarget $ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS)
target_link_libraries(mytarget $ZLIB_LIBRARIES)

…and so on for other modules you find (OpenSSL, for example).  You can also choose to add the include paths “globally” using include_directories(), but it’s usually considered best practice to modify individual target properties where possible.

-Mike
..