Other non-source files in VC9

Dixon, Shane

I’m using the MSVC9 generator in Windows XP (CMake 2.6.4).  I have several files like “Readme.txt”, “News.txt”, and “Install.txt” that I’d like to show up when I generate a MSVC9 project.  How do I get those files to show up in MSVC9?

--

Shane

Re: Other non-source files in VC9

Tyler Roscoe
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:59:48PM -0600, Dixon, Shane wrote:
> I'm using the MSVC9 generator in Windows XP (CMake 2.6.4).  I have
> several files like "Readme.txt", "News.txt", and "Install.txt" that
> I'd like to show up when I generate a MSVC9 project.  How do I get
> those files to show up in MSVC9?

Just add them as source files in your add_exectuable() or add_library()
command.

tyler

Re: Other non-source files in VC9

Dixon, Shane
Tyler,

Ok, that worked, but my project has multiple binaries so I'd prefer the documentation to show up at the top level.  Is there any way to make them show up under the ALL_BUILD target in MSVC9?

--
Shane

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:59:48PM -0600, Dixon, Shane wrote:
> I'm using the MSVC9 generator in Windows XP (CMake 2.6.4).  I have
> several files like "Readme.txt", "News.txt", and "Install.txt" that
> I'd like to show up when I generate a MSVC9 project.  How do I get
> those files to show up in MSVC9?

Just add them as source files in your add_exectuable() or add_library()
command.

tyler

Re: Other non-source files in VC9

Philip Lowman
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Dixon, Shane <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tyler,

Ok, that worked, but my project has multiple binaries so I'd prefer the documentation to show up at the top level.  Is there any way to make them show up under the ALL_BUILD target in MSVC9?

My guess is that would probably require a patch.

You could create a dummy executable target called "_README", "_INFO" or something like that and hope the user expands the project in the project browser to see the text files underneath?

--
Philip Lowman