Only install one component in cpack

tonka tonka

Hey,

I want to create a zip file with only one component in it. Installers like nsis respect the CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL settings, but the zip generator ignores it.

Can I do that?

Alternatively I would like to split every component into a single zip file, I know that it is possible but I forgot how to do that.

Greetings
Tonka

Re: Only install one component in cpack

Eric Noulard
Hi Tonka,

You should read the doc here:

for the ZIP generator you should

set(CPACK_ARCHIVE_COMPONENT_INSTALL ON)
this is necessary because archive generator are "MONOLITHIC" by default.

set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_GROUPING IGNORE)
with this grouping you get on package per component
(the default is to have one package per component **group**)

This should produce one zip file per component.
Other grouping variant are possible, read the previous doc.

Hey,

I want to create a zip file with only one component in it. Installers like nsis respect the CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL settings, but the zip generator ignores it.

Can I do that?

Alternatively I would like to split every component into a single zip file, I know that it is possible but I forgot how to do that.

Greetings
Tonka

Eric